Joy (cithra) wrote,

meow o'clock

Yesterday took more out of me than I thought, but in a good way. This morning Lucy-cat finally rousted me out of bed at 9am. Note: I typed aout, at first, which is appropriate being that was her method of choice: wandering up and down and around me on the bed meowing at me until I responded.

This is the latest I've slept slept-in in years. (Insomnia was part of the genesis of my drinking problems.) For quite a while I was waking up at three or four in the morning, but the most recent change in medication coupled with getting back on track taking my vitamin supplements has settled things down to where I wake up (or start waking up) around 5am, and usually am out of bed between 6 and 7. I'm fine with this; Lucy has adjusted to the idea that I will not open a can of cat food before the neighborhood of 6 and that I'll often return to bed for an hour even then.

Yesterday afternoon, though, I set out to enjoy the sun and run some errands, and it wound up being a little much by evening. I wore sunscreen, I had my hat... but we have had so little sun this year that my normal level of built-up exposure from walking/waiting for the bus/being outside wasn't quite an adequate base, and by the time I got to the gym I was a little headachy and dehydrated. I actually deliberately went early to sit in the cool and drink water, so I had 45 minutes or so of that before a very gentle workout with my trainer. I felt much better at the end of it than I had going in.

I got everything done I wanted to and more, as well, so that's an extra bonus. Collected books from the library (heavy backpack also contributed to my fatigue I am sure), spent some time in Crossroads park, took the bus out toward Avondale to check the location of some apartments (verdict - gorgeous but too hard to manage for me/ without a car). Went to Home Depot to purchase anti-mold agents, got some dinner from Fred's next door then sat in their shade and read my books until I decided to head for the even cooler climes of the gym.

It's only heroic in scale for me, but it really was a long day. Usually it's an adventure just to go to the library and come back via the park. So I was kind of proud of myself, and going back to sleep from 6:30am to 9am this morning proves I did something. I am all about the small victories!
Tags: cat, exercise, sleep

  • blowing off dust

    More than once I have bought a "lifetime" membership in something, only to find the term weaseled into that-was-then-this-is-now. So this is a test…

  • the old dog learns a new trick

    My brother got an Xbox One as a premium for 15yrs at his job, and so I am slowly learning the arcane ways of the controller as an input device. I'm…

  • Not Interested

    Seriously, how rude and self-involved do you have to be to be so utterly convinced that you are right and I am wrong about something as to come and…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded