?

Log in

No account? Create an account
some resolution - Terrafactive Armageddon

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

URLs of convenience
Google Shared
Amazon wishlist
friends
more friends
even more friends
posting
Cat macros

July 6th, 2010


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
02:48 pm - some resolution
They came, they sprayed, we aired out the apartment. They painted one part of the sill in my room, and I have recommendations for anti-mold/mildew unguents to obtain and apply. I am much happier.

Clearly some part of me was expecting yelling, recriminations, and explosive anger. It may not be my place to say it, but parents, please avoid yelling at your children. Doubly so if they are sensitive to emotions. 40 years later, the child is still cringing in my head.

Time to go sit in the park.

(5 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:cjot
Date:July 7th, 2010 01:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'm so glad that they were helpful.
[User Picture]
From:beetimevine
Date:July 7th, 2010 09:23 am (UTC)
(Link)
From the first sentence, I thought your place was invaded by cats.

Also, we're fighting a mildew war here too, in the first floor of this tiny house. Any advice would be helpful.

And your advice to parents is well said too. My biggest challenge so far as a parent is actually my own temper. I definitely yell too much.
[User Picture]
From:quixoticfish
Date:July 7th, 2010 02:00 pm (UTC)
(Link)
When I lived in Magnolia I would pull the furniture away from the walls and wipe down the mold with half bleach and water. Like a half cup to a gallon or something. Nothing really worked though because the moisture in the building was so bad, and it ended up ruining half the clothes in my closet and most of the stuff I had stored there like leather and vinyl bags, shoes not worn often, etc. I just had to throw a bunch of stuff out. Some people leave a ceiling fan on all day.
[User Picture]
From:beetimevine
Date:July 7th, 2010 06:09 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I've heard that bleach on porous surfaces doesn't do much good -- the bleach evaporates away and you just end up giving water to the mold.

I've been leaving the bathroom fan on 24 hours a day, and airing out the downstairs as much as possible. But the closets are another issue.
[User Picture]
From:cithra
Date:July 7th, 2010 08:30 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I am off to Home Depot later today to investigate recommendations given by the maintenance people from yesterday. I will share brand names and information when I get back.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com