January 20th, 2008
|07:15 am - lifted gently, sans tags, from the arms of quixoticfish|
Eight instances of oddness about me:
Rules: Each blogger starts with eight weird things, little-known facts, or bizarre habits about themselves. Bloggers who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to be tagged and list their names. (no tag backs)
- I also don't tag people, although I confess to spreading a regretful number of memes hither and yon. Yeah, I was the kid who looked at you funny when you ran up to them on the grade-school playground, poked them in the arm and shouted "You're it!" I object to forced volunteerism of most stripes, to be honest.
- When I use a big, multi-syllable word in conversation, it is because that is the word that popped into my head, rather than any attempt to appear erudite or any intellectual snobbery. (Not making my argument very well there, eh?)
- I'm good at navigation, map-reading and directions, but I can't tell left from right reliably without looking for the birthmark that distinguishes my right hand.
- I prefer to sleep on top of the bed covers with an afghan blanket or quilt rather than between sheets.
- The full extent of my first name is "Joy" - it is not short for anything, or a nickname.
- Speaking of nicknames, I've only reliably picked one up a couple times in my life, and only once as a term of regular address. Apparently I'm just a Joy to behold, through and through.
- I share faintheart's amusement with awful puns and wordplay. I'm just less prolific at generating them. (Or better at biting my tongue when I do...)
- I hate the cold and snow, but the three places in the world I'd most like to visit are Iceland, Antarctica, and the Netherlands.
I may not be as odd as I'd like, but at least I'm a bundle of contradictions.
I'm with you on #2 as well.