1. WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND YOUR LJ USERNAME?
It is the name I made up for a kitten I had, that ran away. I liked the name and didn't want to waste it, so I adopted it as my online name. It's never already taken...
2. NAME FIVE OF YOUR FAVORITE PIG-OUT FOODS.
I find the notion of "pig-out foods" vaguely disturbing. I can't binge post-surgery, and I don't really have 'favorites' in the usual sense in most categories of stuff (authors being a notable exception).
3. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A MAKEOVER?
Not unless you count that kind of slumber-party playing-with-makeup in 8th grade or so.
4. NAME ALL MEMBERS OF THE BEATLES.
Why, is there something wrong with their old names?
5. WHAT'S THE LONGEST TIME YOU'VE STAYED OUT OF THE COUNTRY/WHERE?
Four days, Canada.
6. ONE THING YOU'RE GRATEFUL FOR, TODAY.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL MEMORY?
Can't help you here, I've expunged them all, mercifully.
8. WHAT IS THE MOST INSANE THING YOU'VE DONE FOR/TO YOUR CRUSH THAT HE/SHE MIGHT NOT/MIGHT KNOW ABOUT?
Best that the things as yet unknown remain so, I think.
9. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM WEDDING.
Don't have one. Having a dream wedding implies dreaming about getting married, for some positive value of 'dreaming'. See, that's the interesting thing about these survey deals, they always point out to me just how alienated I am from the bulk of society. Gah.
10. WOULD YOU EVER JOIN TEMPTATION ISLAND?
What the hell? Is that one of those stupid 'reality' television things? Anyway, don't you have to have a significant other to bring along and torture? Why do I know these things when I don't even have television reception? Gah, again.
11. NAME THREE  TEACHERS YOU LIKED IN HIGH SCHOOL/ELEMENTARY.
See #7 above.
12. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE QUOTE? WHAT IS IT?
No, I'm not so much with the favorites, as I said. I have favorite authors: Ursula LeGuin and Iain Banks. And see, even there I have more than a favorite, I can't narrow it down any further than two.
13. MY FIRST HEARTBREAK HAPPENED WHEN I WAS... [CARE TO SHARE THE STORY?]
Oho, you think it's that easy to remember, eh? I guess I was a hypersensitive child, after all. I've lost count, I couldn't begin to tell you at what point reality first failed to live up to my expectations.
I can, on the other hand, tell you when the first not-heartbreak I had happened: about three weeks ago. I received an email that in the past would have completely devastated me, emotionally - and I was pretty much completely ok with it. Go figure - I guess at the threshold of 36 I've managed to become a little bit self-confident and adult.
14. THE SCHOOL PICTURE YOU BURIED IN YOUR BOTTOM DRAWER?
All the photos I kept from being on yearbook staff of people I had crushes on.
15. DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD PREFERENCES? WHAT ARE THEY?
Weird preferences for what? Sex? Sleeping? Habitat? In any case you pick, almost certainly (hello, out-lier) but if I just started listing them all off we'd be here all afternoon. You'll have to be more specific.
16. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Why people insist on asking questions like this. I'll never understand it about the sex I happen to be, either.
17. WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND? [care to share why?]
Don't really have one, in the classic sense. See #12 above.
18. NAME ONE TV CHARACTER YOU'D MOST WANT TO BE.
Here we go again. This presumes so much about my life and consciousness that just doesn't hold. That I watch television, that the characters there impact me enough I remember their names, and that for some reason I'd want to be them (or like them) rather than myself. Even if I consider shows like Babylon 5 there's no one I want to be - I like being me. Even if we reduce the question to "whose circumstances would you prefer to replicate in your life?" my answer is still "I'd prefer not to;" TV characters have way too much conflict in their lives, in service to dramatic tension if nothing else.
19. IF YOU WERE FAMOUS, AND WERE TO BE A GUEST ON A TALK SHOW, WHOSE SHOW WOULD YOU CHOOSE? WHY?
Um... well, the only talk show I am at all familiar with is Conan O'Brien. I'd rather just give the whole thing a miss - I envision myself more along the Howard Hughes model of fame, in any case.
20. GIVE YOURSELF A PORN STAR NAME.
21. DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD SLEEPING HABITS?
I thump my foot, and hold conversations, I'm told.
22. WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO THIS SUMMER?
Isn't it a little late to be planning the summer? There's what, two weeks left? Less if you're of school age or a teacher.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW?
See #12. What's running through my head right now is Rasputina.
24. WRITE A LINE FROM ANY SONG.
He wants you to take this kleenex box, and cut it with a knife.
25. DO YOU KNOW AT LEAST ONE DISNEY SONG BY HEART? WHICH ONE?
"It's a Small World" is the current most likely candidate; I'm sure I've had to memorize others over the years for one choir performance or another.
26. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM HOUSE.
Lack of space and time prevent me, alas.
27. YOUR TYPICAL SLEEPWEAR:
Depends on the temperature and circumstances. Anything from nothing at all to longjohns, flannel nightgown, socks and stocking cap.
28. WHAT'S IN YOUR BAG?
Journal, nascent short-stories, planner, bottle of water, pens, wallet, checkbook, kleenex, receipts, phone, keys, bus pass, pennies I've picked up, mars marble.
29. WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?
Money, ID card, other cards, receipts, tickets to Chuck P. reading at UW. Stuff.
30. HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW?
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF SHOES?
The spike heels I kept on the mantle (when I had one) that no one believed I could actually wear or walk in.
32. IF YOU COULD'VE GONE TO YOUR SENIOR PROM IN A DIFFERENT OUTFIT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Didn't go, wouldn't have gone - have to wonder what sorts of answers "normal" people give to this question. A clown suit? Not-a-tuxedo? Gold lame`?
33. HOW WAS YOUR SENIOR PROM?
See #32 above.
34. TELL US ABOUT ANY OF YOUR BIRTHDAYS.
I'll have escaped 35 without getting married in three weeks. At which point I will be able to get on with my life.
35. WOULD YOU RATHER BE A HOBBIT, AN ELF OR A DWARF?
I'd rather be a dwarf. I imagine I'd end up being an elf or a hobbit, though. Probably a hobbit.
36. WHAT ARE THE FIRST FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD SPLURGE ON IF YOU WERE A BILLIONAIRE?
Gadgets! New computer, a PDA, new digital camera, probably a scanner, and a GPS receiver. Then I'd be off to the bookstore.
37. WHAT IS YOUR DAILY BEFORE-GOING-TO-BED RITUAL?
Ritual? Like with candles and stuff? I'm not really that devout.
38. WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST/FUNNIEST NICKNAME ANYONE HAS EVER CALLED YOU?
A friend in 8th grade used to call me Frog, because I had a green sweatshirt/jacket. Really, I tend not to collect nicknames.
39. NAME THREE  OF YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON CHARACTERS.
all of the Dykes to Watch Out For
Lucien (the librarian of the Dreaming)
[though I may be twisting the definition of "cartoon" a bit here...]